Edit existing pages
Create a GitHub account if you do not already have one. You will need this in order to edit this Zettelkasten.
- Your GitHub will also allow us to give you the necessary rights in the future.
In order to edit a zettel, go to https://github.com/kuratoro/zk.zettel.page, select a note from the list and click “edit”:
- It will you allow you to make the edits, and create what is known as a “PR” (pull request).
- See complete walkthrough of this process here.
- When a PR is created /u/sridqc or /u/EyebrowHairs will “accept” it
- Once accepted, the site is updated within a minute.
If you are a frequent editor, we can even give you access, so that step 3 & 4 are obviated.
Create new pages
- Go to the repository: https://github.com/Kuratoro/zk.zettel.page
- Click the “Create new file” button
- Copy the paste the following template
Tip: It helps to have the list of all the file names handy in case you want to link to any of them.
Template for new Zettel
Note: the metadata – which may includes
tags – is totally optional.
# Our first zettel Hello world!
How to link to other Zettel
Use the usual wiki-link syntax to link to a zettel:
[[file-name]] -> This links to file-name.md
For example: using
[[examples]] will link to the Examples of Zettelkasten/ Wikis/ Digital Gardens note.
See Neuron documentation on how to link between zettels.
- Markdown is a way to format text that is easier to read and write (compared to HTML).
- Notes in this Zettelkasten should be formatted in Markdown.
- Link to a basic Markdown primer
Notes (specific to Neuron/Emanote)
- The title of the Zettel will be a first level heading.
URLs must be enclosed in angle brackets to be formatted as a link
To add headings to your zettel start from level 2 (
## Heading) headers, as level 1 heading is used for the Zettel title.
- Full list of features supported by Neuron, see here