How to edit this site
Edit existing pages
- Create a GitHub account if you do not already have one. You will need this in order to edit this Zettelkasten.
- Your GitHub will also allow us to give you the necessary rights in the future.
- In order to edit a zettel, click the edit icon (paper and pencil) in the top left side of a zettel (bottom, on mobile).
- It will you take to GitHub wherein you can make the edits, and create what is known as a “PR” (pull request).
- See complete walkthrough of this process here.
- When a PR is created /u/srid- or /u/EyebrowHairs will “accept” it
- Once accepted, the site is updated within a minute.
If you are a frequent editor, we can even give you access, so that step 3 & 4 are obviated.
Create new pages
- Go to the repository: https://github.com/Kuratoro/zk.zettel.page
- Click the “Create new file” button
- Copy the paste the following template
Tip: It helps to have the list of all the file names handy in case you want to link to any of them.
Template for new Zettel
Note: the metadata – which may includes
tags – is totally optional.
# Our first zettel Hello world!
How to link to other Zettel
Linking to a file within a Zettel indicates that it is branching off from it. Backlinks are automatically shown on the web browser.
See Neuron documentation on how to link between zettels.
<file-name> --> This links (and branches) to the zettel named "file-name.md"
For example: using
<examples> will link to the note. If you would like to link only, but not branch off, use
- Markdown is a way to format text that is easier to read and write (compared to HTML).
- Notes in this Zettelkasten should be formatted in Markdown.
- Link to a basic Markdown primer
- Notes (specific to Neuron)
- The title of the Zettel will be a first level heading.
- URLs must be enclosed in angle brackets to be formatted as a link
- To add headings to your zettel start from level 2 (
## Heading) headers, as level 1 heading is used for the Zettel title.
- Full list of features supported by Neuron, see here